March 17, 2012

Audio Book Review: City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments #3) by Cassandra Clare, Natalie Moore (Narrator)

Summary-
To  save her mother's life, Clary must travel to the City of Glass, the ancestral home of the Shadowhunters -- never mind that entering the city without permission is against the Law, and breaking the Law could mean death. To make things worse, she learns that Jace does not want her there, and her best friend, Simon, has been thrown in prison by the Shadowhunters, who are deeply suspicious of a vampire who can withstand sunlight. As Clary uncovers more about her family's past, she finds an ally in mysterious Shadowhunter Sebastian. With Valentine mustering the full force of his power to destroy all Shadowhunters forever, their only chance to defeat him is to fight alongside their eternal enemies. But can Downworlders and Shadowhunters put aside their hatred to work together? While Jace realizes exactly how much he's willing to risk for Clary, can she harness her newfound powers to help save the Glass City -- whatever the cost? Love is a mortal sin and the secrets of the past prove deadly as Clary and Jace face down Valentine in the final installment of the New York Times bestselling The Mortal Instruments.

Review-
This is one of my favorite series. Especially on audio. I have read this series before but the audio of it refreshed everything for me. This storyline is well written and well executed. The actions scenes are awesomely well done and the Romance storyline finally got on track for me. And i loved the way the author wrote the love story in this book.
The characters Clary and Jace and Simon and the rest are like family to me. I have grown to care about what happens to each one of them. There is tragedy in this book but it to is well handled in this book. Valentine is a character that to me was a villain that had a heart and there is rarely a villain that i grow to like.
Natalie Moore is a great narrator. She is my Clary. She narrates so well that the story flows at a nice relaxing pace. I love her voice. It is one that is comforting has just been like a friend talking to me and telling me a story. I know that she does not narrate book 4 in this series and I will miss her.
If you haven't listened to this series you really should. It is relaxing and changes scenes goes very smoothly. You will be very happy that you did. If you haven't read this series yet all YOU ARE MISSING OUT!!! This WILL become your favorite series. and you better hurry i hear the movie is coming soon.
Publisher-Simon & Schuster Audio
Reviewer Rating: 5 STARS!!
Reviewed by~Lora
~A Very special Thank you to Lauren Pires of Simon & Schuster Audio for the donation of this audio book to the Read for your future book program!~





2 comments:

  1. I'm actually not a huge, huge, huge fan of this series, but I liked the audiobook. I listened to it when I had a long communte everyday. From the samples I've heard I'm not a big fan of Ed Westwick in the new audiobooks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked this series. The characters kind of stopped acting like themselves for a bit in the middle, but I loved the first book, and in the end they turned out to be a really fun read.

    *swoons over Jace* <3333333333333

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I do read every comment and appreciate them :)