April 5, 2012

Review: The Mers by Ami Blackwelder

Summary-
I'm writing this now. Very exciting ...

The Mers:
What lies beneath the surface?
One hundred years from now, the world has changed and brought with it, new forms of life.
Who are the Mers? Who is Mira?
Mira always knew she was different. Growing up with Mers, she never quite fit in. When Mira breaks the rules and takes Niren with her, across the border dividing Elise Island and New Jersey, the border dividing two vastly different worlds, she thought the journey to find out who she really is would be an easy one. But as the world in Jersey proves to be a convoluted mix of humans who hate the Mers, and pirates who want to sell them...finding her true identity will be a challenge, especially when her best friend Niren is a Mer willing to fight to the death.
A series twist on the Mermaid tale

Review-
A mermaid dystopia is uniquely different!
Mermaid + Dystopia = Pure awesomeness!
This book was a great read. My problems with it are it took me a little while to get into the book( I put it down a few times then picked it back up) and I felt like I was reading a screen play or a diary more then a book. While I do have those issues with the book, I was still captivated by it once I got into it. I have Just recently got into the dystopia books. I loved the concept of a mermaid dystopia book. People adapted to a flooded world. While mermaids is not usually my thing I really did like this one. I felt the characters were strong and I easily fell in love with both Mira and Niren. If your seeking out a dystopia book with a twist this is your book!



3 comments:

  1. I've yet to read a mermaid book, this sounds interesting. I'll keep my eye out for it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely review! I'm going to be reading this one soon so it's nice to see that other people have enjoyed it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for reviewing and I am glad you enjoyed it! Book 2, we will get more of Meredith too! And we will dive more into the personalities of Ethan and Edith.

    http://amiblackwelder.blogspot.com

    I like to throw in a few twists here and there in all my books, so hope that is fun for you guys when you read it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I do read every comment and appreciate them :)