July 24, 2012

Review of Audio Book: City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments #5) by Cassandra Clare (Goodreads Author), Molly C. Quinn (Narrator)

Summary-
The New York Times bestselling Mortal Instruments continues—and so do the thrills and danger for Jace, Clary, and Simon.



Can the lost be reclaimed? What price is too high to pay for love?
Who can be trusted when sin and salvation collide?
Love. Blood. Betrayal. Revenge.
Darkness threatens to claim the Shadowhunters in the harrowing fifth book of the Mortal Instruments series.
An unabridged recording on 14 CDs (16 hours)

Review-
You know this reviewer has procrastinated writing this review. Ill tell you why: I cant say enough to even attempt to give this book the praise it deserves.Cassandra Clare is one hell of a storyteller. The most Brilliant and talented writers i have ever had the pleasure of listening and reading. She just tells a story so smooth and so surreal that i absolutely just lose myself in the story.
Clary is just a heroin that i wish i could be. She is strong and well balanced and knows what she wants and isn't afraid to go get it. and Jace is just Jace and I love that about him,  Even the supporting characters in the story are just like family to me.
When i thought about reading or listening to book 5 I thought "oh no" where can this author possibly go with this storyline. But i wasn't  disappointed at all. She is the author to of the century, Yes people i said it LOL I love her stories that much!.
I hope this series keeps going because i could never grow tired of these characters. And i don't want to lose these family members. They are part of my consciousness and I am comfortable with them. Molly Quinn is my clary. I am not sure what she looks like but she can play her in the movie. She has a voice just draws you in and holds you there.  Her voice is comforting to me like wearing an old pair of shoes. I cant wait for City of Heavenly fire! SO Bravo to this author and I cant wait for the next one to come out!

Publisher-Simon & Schuster Audio
Reviewer Rating 5 Stars!!!
Reviewed by~Lora
Special thank you to Lauren Pires from Simon Schuster audio for the donation of this audiobook to the Read for your future book program!~





4 comments:

  1. Molly Quinn plays Rick Castle's daughter on the TV show "Castle." So, if you watch that, that's what she looks like. I've been reading these books but I am so tempted to listen to them now that I know she's the narrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won the whole series on audiobooks and just received them in the mail. I listened to some of the first book and cannot wait to wait to get through all of them. My son loves this series.
    Awesome review! :)
    Thanks for sharing, Lora!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa
    Thats interesting about her being on Castle. I think she is Clary. They should have put her in the film version

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not read this series- but I love that it is on audio book and that the reader does a fantastic job. The fact that you said that Cassandra Clare is the author of the century makes me really want to get this series and start reading! Awesome review. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I do read every comment and appreciate them :)